On Monday, January 29th, USC broke ground for the $270 million renovation project at the historic Coliseum. In addition to these renovations, USC announced the renaming to the United Airlines Memorial Coliseum, thanks to United Airlines assisting with the much needed upgrades. The renovations will improve safety and the overall fan experience at the Coliseum. These improvements include:
- Building a new structure on the south side of the stadium — the Scholarship Club Tower — that will house suites, loge boxes and club seats, topped by a new press box.
- Replacing every seat and installing handrails throughout the stadium.
- Adding aisles, increasing legroom and widening seats in many sections.
- Restoring the iconic peristyle to more closely resemble the stadium’s original design.
- Upgrading entry concourses and installing new field and stadium lighting.
- Improving Wi-Fi service and replacing the electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems to meet current standards.
To read more about the renovations, click here.